Invisalign vs. Braces
Are you deciding between clear aligners or traditional metal braces? Come in for a free consultation at Discovery Dental to see if Invisalign is right for you!
Choosing Invisalign vs. braces is the first step to straighter teeth. While they both move your teeth, Invisalign and traditional metal braces differ in look and feel, price, treatment time, and oral hygiene requirements. Knowing these differences and their effects will help you determine which treatment is best for you.
At Discovery Dental, we have years of experience helping patients achieve their orthodontic goals. At your free consultation, we’ll explain your treatment options in detail.
Determining Which is Right for You
Several factors will help you determine whether Invisalign or braces are better for you.
- Price: Invisalign treatment can cost between $3,500 to $7,000. Invisalign treatment costs will vary depending on your treatment length and how much correction you need. Invisalign is often less expensive than braces because people usually choose Invisalign for less severe corrections and wear it for a shorter duration. At Discovery Dental, we offer financing plans and work with your dental insurance provider to help make treatment affordable.
- Convenience: Invisalign aligners are easily removable for eating, drinking, and brushing your teeth. Traditional braces stay on the teeth until treatment completion. In addition, it’s more challenging to brush and floss with braces. You may also be advised against eating sticky or crunchy foods that can cause problems with braces. With Invisalign, there are no restrictions, so you can continue to eat all your favorite foods.
- Speed: Invisalign treatment is typically complete faster than braces when appropriately worn for 22 hours a day. Invisalign also requires fewer trips to the dentist because you can switch from one tray to the next at home. With braces, you need to come to the orthodontist every few weeks to have the brackets tightened and adjusted.
- Maintenance: The process of brushing and flossing with braces is tedious. Invisalign treatment makes oral hygiene easy. We recommend you clean your Invisalign trays regularly to keep them from building up bacteria. Brush the tray with a clean toothbrush and water daily, soak them in water with an Invisalign or denture-cleaning tablet.
- Comfort: Metal brackets cause mouth discomfort and sores, while Invisalign has no painful materials. BPA-free plastic makes wearing the aligners for the recommended 22 hours pain-free.
Benefits and Disadvantages of Invisalign vs. Braces
There are many pros and cons to getting Invisalign vs. braces. Both options will straighten teeth effectively, but you may prefer one to the other. Discovery Dental helps you explore this information and choose during an initial consultation.
Invisalign is popular for its ease of use. Patients with mild to moderate dental issues can benefit from an invisible alignment system.
- Features aligners for age-appropriate treatment plans
- Offers discreet straightening
- Removable for eating and drinking
- Few follow-up requirements
- Requires discipline to wear for the directed amount
- Significantly more expensive than braces
- Limited straightening capabilities per tray
- Inconvenient to remove
Braces have been a trusted straightening solution for decades. New braces innovations have kept their popularity alive.
- Ideal for simple and complex cases
- Allow specific tooth positioning
- Quicker treatment time due to being nonremovable
- Invisible styles and materials like ceramic are available
- Highly visible and less attractive than invisible solutions
- Dietary restrictions to avoid braces damage
- Frequent dental and orthodontic visits to monitor progress
Select the Perfect Treatment with Discovery Dental
Discovery Dental’s highly-skilled staff will help you decide between Invisalign vs. braces and create the perfect treatment plan. Whether you or your child needs a straightening solution, we’ll make it stress-free and easy. As dental experts, we answer all your questions.
Our team offers valuable insight into your potential treatment offers. With years of experience, we know what you can expect from each solution. So whether you choose Invisalign or braces, you’ll get a smile that makes you proud by the end of treatment.
Begin your teeth straightening process today! Set up an Invisalign consultation at Discovery Dental in Shelby, OH, by calling 419-342-4217.